ADSM-L

Re: /usr and a mystery exclude

1999-11-05 16:32:36
Subject: Re: /usr and a mystery exclude
From: Tony Rynan <tonyr AT AU1.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Sat, 6 Nov 1999 08:32:36 +1100
Hi Paul,

We saw this problem on 4.3 boxes being caused by the automountd/autofs
daemon. I can't remember the exact circumstances of our problem but we
disabled autofs and started using static NFS mounts instead.

regards Tonyr

Here's an interesting one.  We have a handful of AIX 4.3 boxes, we just
noticed that they aren't backing up /usr or /usr/local anymore.
I go in and try to do an incremental, I get an ANR4014E error (internal
system error).  I do an incr on a subdir of /usr (such as /usr/lpp)
it works fine, then I go back and to an incr specifically on /usr and it
now works fine.  Then I do a straight incr and everything in
/usr gets expired again.  Then I go back to do another incr and we're back
to the ANR40414E message again.

There's nothing in the include/exclude list excluding this stuff
I've checked to ensure it's using the correct dsm.sys, opt, and include
list. (checked this one HARD)
I've checked to ensure the nodes aren't tied to a client options set.
When you do a q filespace on the server, it doesn't list the affected
filesystems as even existing.

Another sympom that's indirectly related is that a few files fail on backup
claiming that the mgmt class they're bound to has no backup
copygroup.  The default mgmt has a backup copygroup.

It all seems to point to an exclude list somewhere that I can't find.  Any
ideas?

Later,
Paul