ADSM-L

ANR9999D CommandLineBeanInfo.class Not found

1999-11-04 22:21:49
Subject: ANR9999D CommandLineBeanInfo.class Not found
From: wscheid AT US.IBM DOT COM
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 1999 20:21:49 -0700
Yes, the request of CommandLineBeanInfo.class fails and we know about the
problem.  However, the problem is not an ADSM/Tivoli ADSM/Tivoli Storage
Manager  problem, yet a problem with Internet Explorer.  In version 3.1.2.X
a new command line applet was introduced in the ADSM Web Administrator
Interface.  The applet provides a command line that has a history of 25
commands that can be retrieved by the up/down arrow keys.  I make the whole
thing work I used a Netscape browser feature name LiveConnect.  LiveConnect
is allows communication between a Java Applet and JavaScript.   Using
LiveConnect, a form is posted back to the ADSM server's HTTP engine to
issue the command.   For some unknown reason, using LiveConnect in Internet
Explore makes the browser think that the applet is some sort of JavaBean.
This cause IE to request information about the bean, according to JavaBean
specs this is <applet name>BeanInfo.java.  An apar was open against the
problem, namely PQ22570, which has been fixed.  The fix was to make the
ANR9999D message a new warning message.

BJ Scheid
Tivoli Storage Manager Server Development Group