ADSM-L

Re: Higher Capacity tapes on 5370 C drives

1999-11-04 12:35:12
Subject: Re: Higher Capacity tapes on 5370 C drives
From: Steven P Roder <tkssteve AT REXX.ACSU.BUFFALO DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 1999 12:35:12 -0500
> I have heard that there is now a 10Gb tape available for
> the 3570 C drives , can ADSM 3.1 use these and do any modifications need to
> be made ?

It's a 7GB uncompress tape, and it requires level 2.19 of the microcode on
3575 libraries, and new drive microcode.  On Solaris, I think it also
requires version 4.0.3.0 of IBMtape.

I don't know if these XL tapes are GA yet.

Steve (unVMix Systems Programmer/Dude) Roder
(tkssteve AT ubvm.cc.buffalo DOT edu | tkssteve AT acsu.buffalo DOT edu |
(716)645-3564 ,