ADSM-L

SAP-Backint-ADSM

1999-11-04 09:55:25
Subject: SAP-Backint-ADSM
From: "Masa, Ralf" <masa.ralf AT COMBIBLOC DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 1999 15:55:25 +0100
Hi there,

is there anyone with performance-experiences using "Backint 2.4" for backing
up and restoring an SAP/Oracle Database with ADSM ?
We use a SP2 with a High Performance Switch. The ADSM-Server in there is
3.1.2.42 on AIX 4.3.2. We have good performance in saving our Database into
a 3494-Library with 3590 Tapes (~100 GB/h). But we are not able to to tune
our system to have restore bandwith more than 20 GB/h. The problems only
occurs whith backint - normal network operations on our HPS performe well.

Any suggestions ?

TIA, R. Masa