ADSM-L

Re: Library doesn't dismount volume

1999-11-04 11:07:04
Subject: Re: Library doesn't dismount volume
From: Rodrigo Gazzaneo <rodrigo_gazzaneo AT HOTMAIL DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 1999 11:07:04 EST
Hi,

What tape drives do you have ? 3590 ?

I have seen this kind of behavior before and it
was a microcode issue. The command to dismount
tapes from the drive had a bug in the newer
level and IBM Tech Support had to return to
the previous level.

As you can see from the Log, ADSM does send the
command to dismount the tapes but it is not
executed.

Try to force the dismount with mtlib. I think
that it goes like this :

# mtlib -l /dev/lmcp0 -f /dev/rmt2 -d

best regards,
Rodrigo