ADSM-L

Termina Server/NT with client v3.1.0.7 - FYI

1999-11-03 11:00:49
Subject: Termina Server/NT with client v3.1.0.7 - FYI
From: Tom Haddad <thaddad AT COLUMBIAENERGYGROUP DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 1999 11:00:49 -0500
Heres some insight and what I sent yesterday.... it describes the 'conditions'
we are encountered with client .07 on Terminal Server.
Today we uninstalled 3.1.0.7 and installed 3.1.0.5, performed a manual and
scheduled backups.
The event log entries below are NOT being generated anymore.

On an NT server of MS/TS support, Ive installed the full 3.1.0.7 client...
The scheduled backup runs fine. The installation of the client shows 3 services
 but we only use  SCHEDULER service which is started, of course, at NT reboot..
The other 2 services are stopped.
The stopped ones are REMOTE CLIENT AGENT and CLIENT ACCEPTOR.

Anway the EVENT VIEWER on the NT client shows these errors very frequently.

Event: source = ADSM CLIENT type=ERROR
Failed reading the ADSM client "First Counter" registry value.  Status code is
returned in the attached data.

Event: source=PERFLIB type=ERROR
The Open Procedure for service "ADSM Client Performance" in DLL "dsmcperf.dll"
failed.
Performance data for this service will not be available. Status code  returned
is DWORD 0.

This error is repetitive on the NT client  (about every few minutes) . Isnt
this the ADSM NT CLIENT PERFORMANCE counter or such running??
What is going on?