ADSM-L

Re: ADSM and MS exchange

1999-11-03 10:16:56
Subject: Re: ADSM and MS exchange
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 1999 10:16:56 -0500
Seth,

I am not sure if this is what you are seeing but...
There is a known Microsoft Exchange Server bug that
can cause a hang during backup. Are you running
Exchange 5.5 with SP3 or Exchange 5.0 with SP2?
Also, take a look at Microsoft Q articles:

        Q197500
        Q192440
        Q192513

You state that the "the connect agent drops the connection".
What appears on the ADSM Server console at this time?
Also, does the Exchange Agent show a message like
"Waiting on Exchange Server..."?

If the this still doesn't help, we need to get
some trace info to diagnose.  Please call
IBM service.

Thanks,

Del

Del Hoobler