ADSM-L

Re: MS/Terminal Server - ADSM 3.1.0.7 client

1999-11-02 12:42:08
Subject: Re: MS/Terminal Server - ADSM 3.1.0.7 client
From: "CANNAM, CYNTHIA L (SWBT)" <CC5657 AT MOMAIL.SBC DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 1999 11:42:08 -0600
Tom:

We've just started seeing this on several NT boxes as well --- although
there is no problem generated within ADSM/TSM proper (the backups run
correctly and to completion, and there are no references to the performance
counters in the error or schedule logs), the users are not happy with the
continual bombardment of messages in the NT event logs. We've opened a
trouble ticket with IBM (I believe this may be the 2nd one opened --- sorry,
I don't have the number handy), but we feel the issue may be more a problem
for the monitoring processes we have running on these particular machines
(BMC's PATROL). There was a work-around posted on the trouble ticket
(deleting the specific registry key), but the users have opted to wait for a
FIX. And if it's any consolation, we're also seeing similar messages with
Netscape and with RAS. Seems to be more an inconvenience than a true
concern, but with unhappy users, all inconveniences become concerns, no
matter whether they involve ADSM/TSM or not.

Cindy

Cynthia L. (Cindy) Cannam, MBA
Southwestern Bell Telephone Systems Manager
ADSM Technical Support/Storage Mgt.
Office: (314)340-0722; Pager: (314)879-1696
Nearly Native Floridian freezing in the Midwest
No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However a large