ADSM-L

restore errors ANS4032E and ANS4035W

1999-11-02 10:48:22
Subject: restore errors ANS4032E and ANS4035W
From: Chris De Bondt <Chris.De.Bondt AT DVVLAP DOT BE>
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 1999 16:48:22 +0100
ADSM Server OS/390 2.7
ADSM Version 3, Release 1, Level 2.40
Windows NT 4.0 SP5

While restoring a directory on a Win NT client, we get several of the
following error messages:

ANS4032E Error processing 'file_name': file is not compressed.
and
ANS4035W File 'file_name' currently unavailable on server.

These errors (for different files by the way, their's no indication that
they are related) keep coming back when we retry the operation. The
files are indeed not restored, and (as happens more often than not) the
message guide gives no indication of possible causes.

Does anyone know what the source of these errors is and how they can be
corrected?

Thanks,

Chris