ADSM-L

Re: server does not support the UNICODE mode???

1999-11-01 10:58:45
Subject: Re: server does not support the UNICODE mode???
From: Andy Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 1999 07:58:45 -0800
Hi Gary,

Which version of the client are you running? This problem
sounds like IC22325, which was fixed in our client version
3.1.0.7. I would recommend upgrading the client to either
TSM 3.7.1 or, if you need to stay at the 3.1 version, you
should install fixtest IC23396F (version 3.1.0.7f).

The fixtest is available at our ftp site ftp.software.ibm.com
in directory storage/adsm/fixtest/v3r1/win32/intel. All the
files begin with "IC23396F". Be sure to read the file
IC23396F.README.FTP for download and install instructions.

Best regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Storage Systems Division
ADSM Client Development
e-mail: storman AT us.ibm DOT com
"The only dumb question is the one that goes unasked."

Has anyone seen this in your activity log?

ANR9999D smexec.c(1171): Session 14976 with client QIO-DM
                          (WinNT) rejected - server does not support th=
UNICODE                           mode that the client was requesting.

Thanks
Gary Grider
Los Alamos National Lab