ADSM-L

Re: HACMP config for ADSM

1999-10-29 13:33:08
Subject: Re: HACMP config for ADSM
From: Kells Kearney <kells AT WINTERLAND.MAINLAND.AB DOT CA>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 1999 13:33:08 -0400
  ADSM tells where its database volumes are from the
/usr/lpp/adsmserv/bin/dsmserv.dsk
file.  Note that the database volume names are also encoded in the database, so

you cannot simply just move the volumes around.  (Tried it! :)

  When you do the HA implementation, if you decide to put the binaries on a
shared disk, the license file will be on the shared disk as well.  As the
implementation
that I've done was on AIX, the cleanest way to keep the file package management

software (lpp) happy was to keep binaries on both boxes.  If you do this,
remember
to keep the licenses consistent on both sides.

kells