ADSM-L

[no subject]

2015-10-04 17:38:08
        Hello folks,

        My client is running ADSM Client Version 3.1.0.7 on NT4.0 / SP4
applied with 128 bit security.
        In the NT eventlog, he receives the following messages:

        1) Create failed for the ADSM client performance counter thread =
list
mutex.  The mutex name is in the attached data.
        followed by
        2) The Open Procedure for service "ADSM Client Performance" in =
DLL
"dsmcperf.dll" failed.  Performance data for this service will not be
available. Status code  returned is DWORD 0

        There is an open ticket with IBM with a workaround.  Invoking =
the
following the commands did not work since we continue seeing these =
error
messages every 2 minutes.

        1.  unlodctr "ADSM Client Performance"
        2.  lodctr perfctr.ini

        By the way, BMC Patrol is used to monitor the node. I do =
believe
that Patrol is causing the problem when trying to access dsmcperf.dll. =
The
client opened a trouble ticket with BMC Patrol but in the meantime, has
anyone out there experienced the same problem?

        Response is truly appreciated.  Thanks, Cynthia

Cynthia Cena McKinzie
ADSM - Storage Management
714-237-6991 (work)
cgcena AT msg.pacbell DOT com