ADSM-L

PDSMAN modify CDS

1999-10-29 04:30:37
Subject: PDSMAN modify CDS
From: Wolfgang Herkenrath <w.herkenrath AT MAIL.LVR DOT DE>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 1999 09:30:37 +0100
Hi all,

it is painful to me that I have so much question's to this mailing-list and
little answers.

I've got a PDSMAN-Question.
I want to create a batch-job which delete's a spefic number of old
member-versions in a dataset, so that for example 3 old versions are kept and
version 4 and 5 are deleted.
This job must hit all member of the dataset.

The pdsman-program that has to run is the PDSM02. For this program there is a
parameter called cdslvers. I think this is the right parameter.

When I run my job, I became a failure which says, the dataset that I want to
modify isn't in the cds.

I called CA for this problem and they told me, that I have to create a cds
whith the PDSM06.
The format of the cds run's fine.
But how can I make entries in the cds?

CA send me a testjob which run fine. There is the cds entry directly inserted
into the job:

//S1.PDSMCDS DD *
 STACA04.TEST.PDS          A   W                             03

Here the job deletes some member from dataset STACA04.TEST.PDS

But how can I generate such a line?

Mit freundlichem Gruß

Wolfgang Herkenrath
LVR-InfoKom