ADSM-L

Re: Macintosh experiences

1999-10-28 17:57:35
Subject: Re: Macintosh experiences
From: Brett Walker <walkerbl AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 1999 14:57:35 -0700
I believe that the TSM (ADSM) Mac interface has improved significantly
since Version 2 - Version 3 was a huge step.  There are of course many
additional things that we need/would like to do.  It is a constant
balancing act between new function, enhancements, fixes, and limited
resource/time.  I would welcome constructive, prioritized feedback as to
what items you would like to see enhanced/improved.

I can not stress enough the importance of organizations relying on an
up-to-date Mac client (MacOS 9, X, new functions,  etc) to convey this
strongly to your marketing reps.  If its important, the marketing group
needs to understand that.

In regards to the mentioned scheduler APAR, I will work to ensure that it
is addressed.  Until it is fixed, you can either use the ADSM Scheduler
app, which will run all the time, or use the cron app that Paul mentioned.
I also believe in MacOS 9 you can use AppleScript to schedule things - I
couldn't find the info on it, but I just saw that recently.

The installation problem mentioned has been fixed, and will be available in
PTF 8.

I am disappointed to hear that in some cases the V3 client is still not
being used, and I would really like to understand the issues keeping you
from rolling it out.  Please feel free to send me a note with the primary
issues involved.

Cheers,
Brett

 Brett Walker                           ADSM Development, IBM
  walkerbl AT us.ibm DOT com           tie 276-0265
"Of course that's just my opinion; I could be wrong."
"Of course that's just my opinion; I could be wrong."
      --- Dennis Miller

Paul Zarnowski <vkm AT CORNELLC.CIT.CORNELL DOT EDU> on 10/20/99 04:00:38 PM