ADSM-L

ADSM CLIENT PERFORMANCE

1999-10-28 14:14:20
Subject: ADSM CLIENT PERFORMANCE
From: "CENA MCKINZIE, CYNTHIA (PB)" <CGCENA AT MSG.PACBELL DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 1999 11:14:20 -0700
        Hello folks,

        My client is running ADSM Client Version 3.1.0.7 on NT4.0 / SP4
applied with 128 bit security.
        In the NT eventlog, he receives the following messages:

        1) Create failed for the ADSM client performance counter thread list
mutex.  The mutex name is in the attached data.
        followed by
        2) The Open Procedure for service "ADSM Client Performance" in DLL
"dsmcperf.dll" failed.  Performance data for this service will not be
available. Status code  returned is DWORD 0

        There is an open ticket with IBM with a workaround.  Invoking the
following the commands did not work since we continue seeing these error
messages every 2 minutes.

        1.  unlodctr "ADSM Client Performance"
        2.  lodctr perfctr.ini

        By the way, BMC Patrol is used to monitor the node. I do believe
that Patrol is causing the problem when trying to access dsmcperf.dll. The
client opened a trouble ticket with BMC Patrol but in the meantime, has
anyone out there experienced the same problem?

        Response is truly appreciated.  Thanks, Cynthia

Cynthia Cena McKinzie
ADSM - Storage Management
714-237-6991 (work)
cgcena AT msg.pacbell DOT com