ADSM-L

Re: AIX Restore

1999-10-27 14:02:38
Subject: Re: AIX Restore
From: "Prather, Wanda" <PrathW1 AT CENTRAL.SSD.JHUAPL DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 1999 14:02:38 -0400
Yes, on AIX it's simple.

On the development box (adev), start the adsm client by entering:  dsm
-virtualnodename=aprd
This tells ADSM you want to restore files from the backups belonging to
This tells ADSM you want to restore files from the backups belonging to
aprd.
ADSM will then prompt you for the ADSM password for aprd.  If you can supply
it, the dsm window will open, and you will see all the backups for aprd, and
will be able to do restores as usual.

Wanda Prather
The Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Lab
443-778-8769
wanda_prather AT jhuapl DOT edu

"Intelligence has much less practical application than you'd think" -
Scott Adams/Dilbert