ADSM-L

Re: Mount request w/tape already in drive

1999-10-25 18:12:25
Subject: Re: Mount request w/tape already in drive
From: John Monahan <johnmonahan AT LIBERTYDIVERSIFIED DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 1999 17:12:25 -0500
Thanks to all for the responses, but I still have a big problem with this.  I
don't
want to reply to mount requests when a backup is run in the middle of the night.
How do I get it to recognize/use the tape that is in the drive?  It makes a
mount
request for the tape that is already in the drive, and the reply command gets
accepted, but it doesn't help any - still get mount requests.

Thanks,

John Monahan

        Leo Humar <lhumar AT BIGPOND.NET DOT AU>
        10/22/99 09:52 PM
                                  To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                 cc:                  Subject: Re: Mount request w/tape already
in drive

G'day John,

We have tested with manual drives on NT as well and the only difference is
that we specified
ADSM to use scratch tapes. Then ADSM will work the way you want it to work.
The scratch tape will then belong to the storage pool and the only thing you
have to do is label a new tape.
Label a few tapes and have them ready to be used. It's hard to label a tape
when you are in the middle of a backup.

Leo Humar
LCS Pty Ltd
lhumar AT bigpond.net DOT au

No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However a large