ADSM-L

Re: challenging server-to-server implementation !

1999-10-25 12:49:32
Subject: Re: challenging server-to-server implementation !
From: Rodrigo Gazzaneo <rodrigo_gazzaneo AT HOTMAIL DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 1999 11:49:32 EST
Hi Othmar,

the following trick works:

ServerA uses virtual volumes of ServerB
ServerB has defined itself as a server with nodename of ServerA
(command on ServerB: def server ServerB pa=?***? comm=tcpip hla=127.0.0.1
lla=<portno> noden=ServerA)

Now ServerB can access the data of ServerA.

But ... could I really access it ? I think not if the data on
server B is a copy pool, it would have to be a primary pool.

That puts us back on the same situation. My idea is use move
data from server A the virtual volumes on Server B to a new
stgpool on server B.

regards,
Rodrigo