ADSM-L

Re: ADSM and Exchange

1999-10-25 10:50:53
Subject: Re: ADSM and Exchange
From: "Jordan, Chris (ELS)" <c.jordan AT ELSEVIER.CO DOT UK>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 1999 15:50:53 +0100
Chris,
There are a large number of people who are reading these explanations, and
agreeing with you. Just because we do not respond does not mean that we want
ADSM to change.

I, for one, want ADSM to use well documented and available interfaces into
Exchange. If you modified ADSM to use some other interface, then the
Exchange System Managers would not allow ADSM to touch their database - and
that would be bad for everyone.

The Deleted Items Recovery options in Exchange have proven to be effective
in most cases, and many Exchange sites have not needed to restore a database
since this option was introduced.
Of course, a restore IS still required to a test server on a regular basis
in order to test your backup and restore procedures, so that when you need
to restore you can do smoothly.

Cheers, Chris
(Exchange Consultant since pre-BETA days).