ADSM-L

Drive Array Maintainance -DB,Rec Log Considerations?

1999-10-23 17:29:10
Subject: Drive Array Maintainance -DB,Rec Log Considerations?
From: Jeffery Carroll <Jeffery_Carroll AT VALIC DOT COM>
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 1999 16:29:10 -0500
Hello,

We are performing an upgrade of disk array that holds our ADSM database and
recovery log volumes.   This upgrade will involve reformatting the  drive that
holds the db and rec log volumes.  Can we merely copy our db , recovery log
volumes to another location, then copy them back after upgrade is performed, and
ADSM will startup without incident?  Or  is there more that needs to be done.
We do have mirrors of our database and recovery log on another drive , and will
perform full backup before maintance commences.  Any suggestions welcome.

Thanks,
Jeff