ADSM-L

Re: ADSM and Exchange

1999-10-22 10:23:01
Subject: Re: ADSM and Exchange
From: Nick Cassimatis <nickpc AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 1999 10:23:01 -0400
>DISCLAIMER:  Opinions stated by ADSML are not representative of IBM, MARIST,
>or keepers of this mailing list.
>
>ADSML

The simple expedient to avoiding such confusion is to have the basic
courtesy to join the list using your name, like everyone else, which
allows the list participants to know each other as people, and so
have some idea of the origin of the contributions to the List.
By choosing to use a false name like "ADSML" you are being deliberately
provocative, and giving novices on the list the impression that input
from such a name is authoritative.  If you're not going to join the
List as a person and be accountable, your anonymity will make your
participation specious, and you'll never be a full member of the List.
This List is not a MUD or game - it's a serious pursuit of information
for people trying to make their organizations and businesses run well.
The rest of us participate on that basis.
       Richard Sims, BU

I'll have to chip in here, too, although I'm doing what I'm commenting about -
completely irrelevant posts.

ADSML, I'll leave your technical tips to the side, and make no comment about
them.

However, your little one-line comments, often including the entire previous
post, are entirely out of place here.  This is a technical discussion group, not
alt.games.whateverI'mplayingtoday.  The philosophy here should be to help and
learn, not to see who can supply the daily funny.  There's plenty of sources of
that, there are few sources for the info we share here.

Nick Cassimatis
Distributed Systems Management / Storage Management
nickpc AT us.ibm DOT com

If you don't have the time to do it right the first time, where will you find
the time to do it again?