ADSM-L

Re: double length 3590 tapes

1999-10-22 10:25:54
Subject: Re: double length 3590 tapes
From: Walter de Jong <walter AT SARA DOT NL>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 1999 16:25:54 +0200
"Vraspir, Mary J." wrote:

> Has anyone heard anything about double length 3590 tapes?   I was at an IBM
> business partner's presentation this spring and they seemed excited about
> it.  No word since then.
> MV

An Imation representative told us the double length 3590 tapes
will be available only from Imation from the start of next year.
The tapes will be green instead of blue and have a K label
instead of J, and they will be called 3590EE (extra long 3590E),
as the tape serpentine will be twice as long on the same reel.
Your drives will also have to be 3590E drives, so if you have
3590s, first upgrade to 3590E.

Kind regards,

     --Walter
--
                  *** When you build it, they will come ***
                  *** When you build it, they will come ***

Walter de Jong
walter AT sara DOT nl        http://www.sara.nl/
Systems Programmer at SARA -- National Supercomputer Services

People should be able to e-mail me, spambots should not.