ADSM-L

Re: Exchange and ADSM

1999-10-22 08:09:19
Subject: Re: Exchange and ADSM
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 1999 08:09:19 -0400
Roland,

If the incremental backup fails, the
Exchange Agent will not truncate the logs.
Therefore, the next incrmental will back up the
transaction logs and things should work fine.  But....

There is one related exception.  It sometimes
happens (from DEFRAGs or log file moves, etc....)
that the Exchange Server will not allow you to
do any more incremental backups and will force
your next backup to be a full backup.

In these cases, the Exchange Server sets a
magic flag that makes all incremental (and differential)
backups  fail until a full backup is run.

Thanks,

Del

Del Hoobler
Del Hoobler