ADSM-L

Re: SQL-BackTrack Expiration vs ADSM Expiration

1999-10-21 13:49:33
Subject: Re: SQL-BackTrack Expiration vs ADSM Expiration
From: David Proppe <David_Proppe AT CWB DOT CA>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 1999 12:49:33 -0500
I snagged this little tidbit from a backing up databases manual......
SQL-Backtrack determines the names fo the objects that it stores on the adsm
server.  Each object receives a unique numerical name, so each successive backup
creates a different object name.  Therefore, only one copy of an object is ever
stored on the adsm server.  For this reason the management class  copygroup
option verexist=1 should(could) be used for the SQL-backtrack data.

"Glass, Peter" <Peter.K.Glass AT NORWEST DOT COM> on 10/21/99 11:44:51 AM