ADSM-L

[no subject]

2015-10-04 17:38:07

from memory...

The template you want is the Application one - right click on it for
options or maybe just drag it onto your desktop? - then access the
properties of the new Icon and you can specify the command line to run when
the icon is double clicked as well as specifying whether you want it to run
in a window or full screen...

Stuart

|------------------------------------+------------------------------------|
|                                    |                                    |
|------------------------------------+------------------------------------|
|   To:                              |   ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU

|------------------------------------+------------------------------------|
|   cc:                              |   (bcc: Stuart                     |
|                                    |   Robertson/Edinburgh/Unitech)     |
|------------------------------------+------------------------------------|
|                                    |                                    |
|------------------------------------+------------------------------------|
|   Subject:                         |   Re: Need quick OS/2 help         |
|------------------------------------+------------------------------------|

[IMAGE]
1. Been a long time, I can't give you step by step, but if you find the
OS/2
system folder
There should be templates that you can use.

2. You can use the OS/2 Chron utility to schedule tasks It should be in the
c:\chron directory.
(At least thats where it is on our remaining OS/2 systems.)

You can set your system to automatically start Chron in the background at
boot
by adding
the following command to your startup.cmd file:
start /b /min c:\chron\chron.exe

Once Chron is running, you should be able to figure out how to define the
schedule.

The down side of using Chron instead of the ADSM Scheduler is that no
schedule.log will
be produced by Chron.

On Thursday, October 21, 1999 6:59 AM, Bob Brazner
[SMTP:Bob.Brazner AT JCI DOT COM]