ADSM-L

Re: Need quick OS/2 help

1999-10-21 11:08:02
Subject: Re: Need quick OS/2 help
From: Doug Thorneycroft <dthorneycroft AT LACSD DOT ORG>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 1999 08:08:02 -0700
1. Been a long time, I can't give you step by step, but if you find the OS/2
system folder
There should be templates that you can use.

2. You can use the OS/2 Chron utility to schedule tasks It should be in the
c:\chron directory.
(At least thats where it is on our remaining OS/2 systems.)

You can set your system to automatically start Chron in the background at boot
by adding
the following command to your startup.cmd file:
start /b /min c:\chron\chron.exe

Once Chron is running, you should be able to figure out how to define the
schedule.

The down side of using Chron instead of the ADSM Scheduler is that no
schedule.log will
be produced by Chron.

On Thursday, October 21, 1999 6:59 AM, Bob Brazner [SMTP:Bob.Brazner AT JCI DOT
COM]