ADSM-L

[no subject]

2015-10-04 17:38:07
Hello everyone. I'm trying to understand the Administrator's Guide
with regards to Point-in-Time recovery.  There is a part I don't quite
understand specifically the use of the volume history file.

Example:
10/01/99    vol_hist.A
.
.
.
10/05/99    vol_hist.B

Say I want to restore the DB to 10/01/99.
I understand we need to use vol_hist.A for that, correct?

After the restore is done, will vol_hist file be vol_hist.A or
vol_hist.B?

The Guide also tells me to get a list from the old volume history file
(vol_hist.A or vol_hist.B ?) of all volumes that were reused, added and
deleted since the original backup.

As you can see, I have not done a Point-in-Time restore before.  And
I am trying to write a documentation on how to do this. Good luck to me.

Any comments or suggestions is appreciated.

Angel

--openmail-part-0ea4336b-00000001--