ADSM-L

[no subject]

2015-10-04 17:38:07
Thanks Kyle. I was increasing the log by 1GB increments. So when
I tried to increase the 5GB log to 6GB, that's when I got the message.

Thanks for your input.

Angel
   -----Original Message-----
   From:       payne [SMTP:payne AT berbee DOT com]
   Sent:       Tuesday, October 19, 1999 4:59 AM
   To:         ADSM-L
   Cc:         payne
   Subject:    Re: Recovery log beyond 5GB.

   Angel,
           I also ran into this limit.  I sent off an e-mail at that
   time to my
   instructor for ADSM Advanced Implementation class.  He told me there
   was a
   limit.  You question sparked my interest to review the Admin Guide
   and
   Reference.  I couldn't find a mention anywhere of the limit in them.
   I also
   could find a mention of a limit in the help (help extend log).  I
   also found
   in the class manual from the ADSM implementation Version 3 class
   (page 2-24)
   the following:  The database and the recover log both have a minimum
   size of
   5MB and no upper limit.  Obviously the class manual is incorrect.
   This
   prompted me to open my Advanced class manual.  On page 1-13 in Figure
   1-8 it
   states the Recovery log has a 5.5 GB upper limit.
           Did you hit the limit at 5 GB or at 5.5 GB?

   Kyle