ADSM-L

Re: Recovery log beyond 5GB.

1999-10-19 10:58:34
Subject: Re: Recovery log beyond 5GB.
From: Kyle Payne <payne AT BERBEE DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 1999 09:58:34 -0500
Angel,
        I also ran into this limit.  I sent off an e-mail at that time to my
instructor for ADSM Advanced Implementation class.  He told me there was a
limit.  You question sparked my interest to review the Admin Guide and
Reference.  I couldn't find a mention anywhere of the limit in them.  I also
could find a mention of a limit in the help (help extend log).  I also found
in the class manual from the ADSM implementation Version 3 class (page 2-24)
the following:  The database and the recover log both have a minimum size of
5MB and no upper limit.  Obviously the class manual is incorrect.  This
prompted me to open my Advanced class manual.  On page 1-13 in Figure 1-8 it
states the Recovery log has a 5.5 GB upper limit.
        Did you hit the limit at 5 GB or at 5.5 GB?

Kyle