ADSM-L

Re: HELP / How can I generate a list of the tapes needed to restore an entire filespace ?

1999-10-19 09:12:48
Subject: Re: HELP / How can I generate a list of the tapes needed to restore an entire filespace ?
From: Nick Cassimatis <nickpc AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 1999 09:12:48 -0400
My first thought was, "If it's a fixed cost to bring back tapes, bring them all
back."  This might not be the most effective method, however, it will definately
get the tapes you need.

I'll agree with other assessments - a PREVIEW option on the restore would be
nice, to tell you which tapes you need.  I've never done it, but would an EXPORT
NODE nodename filespace preview=yes tell you which tapes are needed?

Nick Cassimatis
Distributed Systems Management / Storage Management
nickpc AT us.ibm DOT com

If you don't have the time to do it right the first time, where will you find
the time to do it again?