ADSM-L

Re: HELP / How can I generate a list of the tapes needed to restore an entire filespace ?

1999-10-18 21:20:41
Subject: Re: HELP / How can I generate a list of the tapes needed to restore an entire filespace ?
From: Roger Dick <roger.n.dick AT JPL.NASA DOT GOV>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 1999 18:20:41 -0700
Dmitri,

Don't you think there should be a better way to find what tapes are needed
for a restore. Your solution may work but, it will be allot of work.  Why
can't ADSM create a list of tapes for you and maybe write it in the Activity
Log when you start the restore or maybe a preview option so you could see
what tapes are needed.  I have talked to many ADSM users and they all have
this problem.  We need a better solution.

Regards,

Roger Dick
ADSM Administrator
Jet Propulsion Laboratory