ADSM-L

Re: OS/390 ADSM server vs. Control-T

1999-10-14 14:13:10
Subject: Re: OS/390 ADSM server vs. Control-T
From: "Prather, Wanda" <PrathW1 AT CENTRAL.SSD.JHUAPL DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 1999 14:13:10 -0400
I don't know Control-T, but:
usually on OS/390 it is not necessary to do what you describe.

On OS/390, you can use different DEVCLASSes, one for your onsite tapes, one
for offsite.  They use the same MVS UNIT name, so they use the same
tapes/drives, and everything else can be identical, except they specify a
different PREFIX.  So, the MVS data set name for the COPYPOOL tapes is
different from the primary pool tapes.
For example, use ADSMON as the prefix for the onsite tapes, ADSMOFF for the
offsite tapes.

Then you can just give the tape management system a rule that says
EVERYTHING named ADSMOFF should be sent to the vault, and you don't have to
worry about feeding it the output from MOVE DRM.

Hope that helps...
Wanda Prather
The Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Lab
443-778-8769
wanda_prather AT jhuapl DOT edu

"Intelligence has much less practical application than you'd think" -
Scott Adams/Dilbert