ADSM-L

OS/390 ADSM server vs. Control-T

1999-10-14 13:17:08
Subject: OS/390 ADSM server vs. Control-T
From: "Dana Mitchell;" <Dana.Mitchell AT ING-DM DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 1999 12:17:08 -0500
Is anyone running the ADSM server V3.1 on OS/390 *and * using Control-T for
tape management?  I am having trouble figuring out a good way to use the
output from 'MOVE DRMEDIA' to update Control-T to send the proper tapes to
offsite vault.  The solution I got from the vendor (BMC) involves setting
up a special purpose 'rule' that marks tapes ADSM.* as being in the vault,
and then running CTTRTM and CTTVTM and 'include'ing just the volsers from
the MOVE command.  Yuck!  That all seems very messy, error prone, and a
pain to maintain.   What I would prefer is a utility (like RMM and CA1
have) that can be fed control cards generated by the MOVE command that just
marks said tapes as being in a particular vault.  Any and all help would be
appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Dana Mitchell