ADSM-L

Bare Metal Restore for HP -UX 10.20

1999-10-14 05:09:47
Subject: Bare Metal Restore for HP -UX 10.20
From: "Bongartz, Karl" <bongartz.karl AT COMBIBLOC DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 1999 11:09:47 +0200
Hello ADSM'ers,

we have the following Problem:

We want to Backup a HP_UX Server with ADSM and test now a complete Recovery.

We use HP-Ignite to backup and recover the Operating System.
Ignite produces a bootable media on a DAT Tape.

The Ignite Backup will only be done after modifications in the OS.

So we have to update the OS Filesystems from the ADSM Backup after
recovering the Base OS.
While doing this, we saw that ADSM could not recover a lot of Files beeing
accessed by the OS.
(instead of setting 'replace all' in dsm.opt)

The former Backup Tool: Omniback replaces busy Files by renaming and
recovering
 them with the original Filename.

How can we recover the OS Filesystems with ADSM?

regards

Karl Bongartz