ADSM-L

ATL&ADSM consistancy

1999-10-13 09:13:17
Subject: ATL&ADSM consistancy
From: "Brian T. Huntley" <bth AT CLARKSON DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 1999 09:13:17 -0400
Hi all...

I was wondering if there is any way to tell ADSM to reference the database
in an ATL (3494 in my case) to keep track of what tapes are and are not in
the lib.  What I'm after here is to be able to operate with a full lib,
but not have to execute the constant checkin/out and move media commands
I'm doing now, and just have ADSM talk to the 3494 to determine the status
of a tape (ie, a tape in the lib, and with data, is r/w and mountable, one
outside is mountablenotinlib, etc... all automagically...)  Is this even
possible?

Any comments greatly appreciated.

TIA

-
Best regards,
Best regards,
Brian

| Brian T. Huntley                         Systems and Network Engineer |
| Campus Information Services, Clarkson University                      |
| Ph/FAX: 315.268-2292/6570                                             |
| bth AT clarkson DOT edu                                 www.clarkson.edu/cis |
 UNIX *is* user friendly. It's just selective about who its friends are.
        PGP Public Key available. finger bth AT clarkson DOT edu