ADSM-L

Re: AW: Connecting Agent for Exchange and tool to check the logs and serv er status

1999-10-13 07:48:15
Subject: Re: AW: Connecting Agent for Exchange and tool to check the logs and serv er status
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 1999 07:48:15 -0400
Roland,

If a backup was successful, the Exchange Agent will tell
the Exchange Server that the logs have been backed up
successfully.  At that point, the Exchange Server
does as it sees fit with the Exchange Server
transaction logs, i.e. it deletes them (or renames them)
when it wants to.  The Exchange Agent does NOT directly
delete the log files.  The Exchange Agent simply notifies
the Exchange Server that it has successfully backed them up.
If I have not answered your question, please restate it
more precisely so I can help.

Thanks,

Del

Del Hoobler