ADSM-L

Re: Devclass Definiton for STK's 9840 drives

1999-10-13 06:39:59
Subject: Re: Devclass Definiton for STK's 9840 drives
From: "MAES, FRANCIS" <francis.maes AT FORTISBANK DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 1999 12:39:59 +0200
Hello Arthur,

We are using STK 9840 drives for ADSMs and DFHSM.
Finally, I have put the EstCap to 19G because it seems to be closer to the
reality than 20G.
Most of our clients are using compression.
For those who are not using compression (BACKINT for SAP on NT), the
capacity seems to be around 80G.

Please find here our 9840 DEVC definition:

     Device Class Name: CASE
Device Access Strategy: Sequential
    Storage Pool Count: 3
           Device Type: Cartridge
 Est/Max Capacity (MB): 19 456,0
           Mount Limit: 5
 Mount Retention (min): 0
      Mount Wait (min): 3
             Unit Name: CASE
                  Comp: Yes

Francis Maes   -     1234/MAINFRAME SYSTEMS Storage Management
Fortis Banque Belgium   - Tel [32] (0)2-22.88.130
francis.maes AT fortisbank DOT com