ADSM-L

[no subject]

2015-10-04 17:38:07
Hello everyone.  I need to create a documentation on
crash recovery.  The crash is defined as "all disk drives
are completely thrashed/inaccessible" that a reinstallation
of the ADSM server application is required.  The following
are facts:

1.  We don't have DRM installed.
2.  The ADSM server application is installed in rootvg.
3.  The data and recovery log are in a seperate volume group(adsmvg).
4.  We perform a full ADSM database backup after all regular
     backup processes are completed.
5.  A listing of the device config(devconf.bk) and volume history
     (volhist.bk) is created. A copy of the dsmserv.opt is also made.
     The devconf.bk, volhist.bk and dsmserv.opt are placed in a
directory
     called /mksys which is included in our weekly OS backup.

I understand that after ADSM is reinstalled, it does not know about
the tape volumes in the volhist.bk or their contents.  In general, what
are the steps to perform to bring ADSM back to the last full database
backup--that is if still possible.

Your suggestions or comments are appreciated.

Thanks,
angel

--openmail-part-0e8198e4-00000001--