ADSM-L

oracle agent on SUN with RMAN

1999-10-12 15:05:44
Subject: oracle agent on SUN with RMAN
From: "CANNAM, CYNTHIA L (SWBT)" <CC5657 AT MOMAIL.SBC DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 1999 14:05:44 -0500
Hi all!

Just wondering how many larger environments out there are using the Oracle
Connect Agent on an ADSM SUN server (3.2.1.4) and client (3.1.0.7) with a
9740 STK library AND using Oracle withOUT archive logging in place (due to
restrictions with the application)? I have a DBA who swears that the Oracle
people have told him that RMAN with ADSM won't buy him anything (except more
administrative work and nothing else), and that his home-grown scripts are
better than the Connect Agent when archive logging is not turned ON. Does
anyone out there have any experience with this particular scenario? We just
did a bench-mark with an HP-UX ADSM server environment with the Oracle agent
and EBU, and the results were phenomenal, so I'm certain that the archive
logging scenario is just a minor inconvenience rather than a show-stopper.
Any comments or opinions on this?

Thanks much!

Cindy

Cynthia L. (Cindy) Cannam, MBA
Southwestern Bell Telephone
Systems Manager/Storage Management
ADSM Technical Support
Office: (314)340-0722
Pager: (314)879-1696
Fax: (314)340-0992
Nearly Native Floridian freezing in the Midwest