ADSM-L

Re: AW: ADSM NT Client 3.7.1.0: national versus english language

1999-10-12 10:19:38
Subject: Re: AW: ADSM NT Client 3.7.1.0: national versus english language
From: Andy Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 1999 07:19:38 -0700
Hi Gerd,

Thank you for the feedback. Regarding item #1, I just posted this
information in response to Mr. Francis Maes who asked the same
question; I *thought* that is what you might have been asking but
your reference to LANGUAGE AMENG confused me. Thanks for clearing
that up.

You can add the statement

   EnableLangDlg=Y

to the [Startup] section of the SETUP.INI file, located in the
same directory as SETUP.EXE (..\tsmcli\win32\intel\disk1). Then
when you run SETUP.EXE, you will be prompted for which language
the install program should use.

Best regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Storage Systems Division
ADSM Client Development
e-mail: storman AT us.ibm DOT com
"The only dumb question is the one that goes unasked."

Thank you, Andy       =20

1. Installation: My Windows NT is in German and so nobody asks me if I =
would
prefer the english language while setting up my ADSM. So I have to =
accept
the install-dialog in German. The readme-file is in English and I have =
re-translate e. g. the install options "Angepa=DFt, Minimum, Standard" =
"custom, compact, typical", but this is not straightforward because the
translation from English to German is not always clear.

2. "language ameng": I was in error, the option file contained the =
statement
"language german", after replacement all things are ok.

3. Translation: It's common use to translate Edit/View as
"Bearbeiten/Ansicht" (e. g. MS Office products). Instead of Restore we =
would
say in German Zur=FCckladen, Zur=FCcksichern, Zur=FCckspeichern or
Wiederherstellen.=20

Mit freundlichem Gru=DF
Gerd Leibrock

Koch, Neff & Oetinger & Co. GmbH