ADSM-L

[no subject]

2015-10-04 17:38:07
Hello Gerd,

I am not sure I understand your first issue where you say
you can not select English as a language when Windows NT is
set up for another langauge. Are you saying that if you
include LANGUAGE AMENG in the dsm.opt file, the menus still
show up in German? If you could provide a more complete
description of this problem and how you are configured, then
that would help me understand this better.

Regarding the translations: Believe it or not, we did have
someone from Germany work on the translation. I will
forward your remarks to the appropriate people. If you can
tell me what you suggest for RESTORE, I will forward that,
too.

Best regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Storage Systems Division
ADSM Client Development
e-mail: storman AT us.ibm DOT com
"The only dumb question is the one that goes unasked."

Hi,

with NT client 3.7.1.0 it seems you cannot select english as language
when
Windows NT has been set up for another language, e. g. German (the
option
file contains the option "language ameng" =3D3D American english). I
think it is
absolutely necessary to have at least one workstation at a site in
english
because the ADSM manuals (and the mails on this server too) are in
english.

Apart from this the translation from english too german seems to be
very
poor. I have only seen some terrible pieces of the b/a-client. The menu
titles Edit and View are translated as Editieren and Sicht (usually
Bearbeiten und Ansicht). But the most horrible and abstruse translation
have seen is Zur=3DFCckschreiben for Restore.