ADSM-L

Re: Occupancy?

1999-10-11 08:35:51
Subject: Re: Occupancy?
From: Nathan King <nathan.king AT USAA DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 1999 07:35:51 -0500
Betsy,

Picture how much space an aggregate takes up on a physical tape at time of
backup.

(An aggregate being a collection of files).

 As files (data) expires within that aggregate the logical occupancy
decreases, however the physical space occupied by the aggregate is the same,
until the tape is reclaimed. Once it is reclaimed the aggregate is then
rebuilt and logical and physical occupany should be pretty much the same.

At least that's the way it appears to me...

Nathan