ADSM-L

FW: Wish list - new item!

1999-10-11 03:10:06
Subject: FW: Wish list - new item!
From: "Landreville, Frederic" <Fred_Landreville AT RJRI DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 1999 09:10:06 +0200
I had same requirement already in times of V1.
Since then ADSM implemented almost of all
my wishes, but this one remains open for me.

My problem is:
large chunks of data happen to be moved
because of various reasons, e.g. regular "file system almost full"  game".
This causes ADSM to
loose the track of the data,
evetually expiring old file versions I guaranteed to keep longer,
and forces me me keep
manual "data move lists" in order to be able to find older backup versions.

Shortly, this makes ADSM inacceptable for medium to long term backup and/or
archive.

Add my voice to IBM your call if you wish!

Salak Juraj

KEBA AG
Gewerbepark Urfahr 14 - 16
Postfach 111