ADSM-L

Re: Antwort: Re: TSM 3.7 GUI Admin - did I miss something?

1999-10-08 11:15:26
Subject: Re: Antwort: Re: TSM 3.7 GUI Admin - did I miss something?
From: ALLEN BARTH <abarth AT KEMPER DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 1999 10:15:26 -0500
First let me state that I haven't d/l the 3.7 version, I'm at 3.1.0.7.

This will probably start another war, but OK the gui's are gone and the web
interface (or cmd line) is it.  And I'll agree the gui is MUCH faster and does
have benefits (see other notes posted earlier), not implemented in the web
admin.   But the web interface does have some strengths.

My rub with the web admin is even after several versions, there's quite a bit
that flat out doesn't work, the refresh methodology is appalling in that you
have to start from the beginning and drill down to where you were, help for some
fields is wrong, and some fields are totally mislabeled (server-server vaulting
passwords), and the requirement to use specific version of netscape or ie.

I use the Opera browser on my desktop,  so it's possible that some of what
doesn't work for me is because the html uses netscape or ie extensions, vs
standard html 3.2.  But what about the hotjava browser on our sun boxes?  I
really haven't had much time to experiment using it, but that browser is
standard on Solaris.

As far as the web CLIENT, I can do even less.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Al Barth
Scudder Kemper Investments