ADSM-L

Re: Which tapes??

1999-10-08 05:36:11
Subject: Re: Which tapes??
From: "Bates, Richard" <Richard.Bates AT VERTEX.CO DOT UK>
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 1999 10:36:11 +0100
Chris

There is a table in the database called volumeusage.  A sample output is
shown below.

adsm> SELECT * FROM VOLUMEUSAGE WHERE NODE_NAME='TSG_PDC'

     NODE_NAME: TSG_PDC
     COPY_TYPE: ARCHIVE
FILESPACE_NAME: \\tsg_pdc\d$
  STGPOOL_NAME: MFSERVICES_3494
   VOLUME_NAME: AA9172

To establish which volumes are used by a particular node and stgpool we use
something like the following.

adsm> select distinct volume_name from volumeusage where
node_name='PR005052A' AND STGPOOL_NAME='NHHDA_3494'

VOLUME_NAME
------------------
A11023
A11023
A11025
A11028
A11033
A11035
A11036
A11051
A11056

Hope this helps.

Richard.

Technical Services (ADSM) - Dawson House
Int: 33298  Ext: 01925 233298

the system manager.

www.mimesweeper.com