ADSM-L

Re: ADSM Oracle agent for NT

1999-10-08 02:34:26
Subject: Re: ADSM Oracle agent for NT
From: Herfried Abel <HA7 AT DAIMLERCHRYSLER DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 1999 08:34:26 +0200
Hi Larry,
we use Oracle 8 on AIX, but as far as I know rman syntax is the same on all
plattforms. As I remember, this is the way how RMAN <> ORACLE Backup works:

1) You have to generate an RMAN - Oracle Database ( This will hold the
information of all backups/restores )
2) Generate the Recovery Catalog in the RMAN DB
3) Make the database you want to backup known to RMANs recovery catalog.
4) Set up ADSM Policies and everything you need in the ADSM zone to operate with
the backups ( e,g set up a new NODE )
5) Write RMAN scripts to do your backups ( This can eighter be "shell-scripts"
stored on file or stored within the Rman DB.
( For details pls have a look at the Oracle Manuals )

Here is a example how I do a full backup:

--------------------------------------------------------- SHELL SCRIPT (
COMMANDLINE)  BEGIN
COMMANDLINE)  BEGIN
rman target internal/passwd@TARGET rcvcat rman/passwd@RMANDB cmdfile
rman target internal/passwd@TARGET rcvcat rman/passwd@RMANDB cmdfile
Filename_of_RMANSCRIPT

--------------------------------------------------------- SHELL SCRIPT END
----------------------------------------------------------- RMAN SCRIPT BEGIN
----------------------------------------------------------- RMAN SCRIPT BEGIN
run
run
{
allocate channel t1 type 'sbt_tape' parms
'ENV=(DSMI_ORC_CONFIG=/usr/lpp/adsm/bin/dsm.opt, DSMO_AVG_SIZE=1024,
DSMO_NODE=EURO, DSMO_PSWDPATH=/usr/lpp/adsm/bin, DSMO_AVG_SIZE=5,
DSMO_FS=adsmeuro)';

sql 'alter system archive log current';

backup
     incremental level =0
     format 'full_%s_%p_%d_%t'
     (datafile 1,2,3,4,5 channel t1)
     (current controlfile);
release channel t1;

allocate channel t3 type 'sbt_tape' parms
'ENV=(DSMI_ORC_CONFIG=/usr/lpp/adsm/bin/dsm.opt, DSMO_AVG_SIZE=1024,
DSMO_NODE=EURO, DSMO_PSWDPATH=/usr/lpp/adsm/bin, DSMO_AVG_SIZE=5,
DSMO_FS=adsmeuro)';

backup
     format 'archlog_%s_%p_%d_%t'
     (archivelog all filesperset = 100 delete input);
release channel t3;
}
Hope this helps
Hope this helps

herfried

Lawrence Clark <Larry_Clark AT THRUWAY.STATE.NY DOT US> on 07.10.99 17:22:20