ADSM-L

ADSM-NT-AIX Conversion

1999-10-07 17:23:59
Subject: ADSM-NT-AIX Conversion
From: Jeffery Carroll <Jeffery_Carroll AT VALIC DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 1999 16:23:59 -0500
We are new to ADSM and have just started testing it (version 3 rel 1 level
2.30)on a server running NT.    We have been told that considering our
environment (Novell, NT,Terminal Server, Notes,AIX,AS/400) as well as the amount
of DASD we are using (16+Terrabytes) worth of data, that we should consider
using ADSM on AIX.  Has anyone performed this conversion successfully?  If so,
what are the ramifications for Tape Volumes/Database/Recovery Logs that were
created in ADSM/NT?  Can they be successfully migrated to AIX?  How seamless was
the conversion (ex were you able to use data that was created in say, Microsoft
Word or Excel, backed up to the ADSM/NT server , then restored using the
ADSM/AIX server)?

Thanks,

Jeff