ADSM-L

Re: Reducing Client Licensed for an AIX Server.

1999-10-07 13:06:06
Subject: Re: Reducing Client Licensed for an AIX Server.
From: Herve Chibois <Herve.Chibois AT FR.ABNAMRO DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 1999 19:06:06 +0200
Hi Nick

just delete or edit the file

/usr/lpp/adsmserv/bin/nodelock

Herve

Nick.Rutherford AT HONDA-EU DOT COM on 07/10/99 16:45:00
To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc:      (bcc: Herve Chibois/FR/ABNAMRO/NL)
Subject:        Reducing Client Licensed for an AIX Server.

Hello all,
I've made the mistake of registering too many licenses on my ADSM AIX
server. I
need to know how I can recover from this. The suggestion has been made to
restore the database from and old database copy but I've tried that but
with no
joy, my registered licenses remain unchanged. Another suggestion that
I've
received is to install the server again but keep all of the volume
history,
device configuration, storage pool volumes, & database volumes. Can
anybody
offer me a safe solution to reduce the number of clients registered on my
Server.

Any help would be most appreciated.

thanks very much,
Nick.