ADSM-L

FW: 2 device classes sharing the same library

2015-10-04 17:38:06
Subject: FW: 2 device classes sharing the same library
From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU]On Behalf Of
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
I haven't had any responses.  Any thoughts?

Is it possible to have 2 3590 device classes on the same ADSM server sharing
the same 3494 library and 3590 drives?  I want my larger clients to go
directly to a 3590 device class which uses the 3590 H/W compression.
However I want the smaller clients to use S/W compression and backup to SSA
disk,  this will then be migrated off to the non-compressed 3590 device
class.  ( so that the 3590 is not trying to compress already compressed
data).  Would this cause problems with mount points, since both device
classes will be sharing the same 3590 drives.

I do not have a test server, and I'm reluctant to try this out in
production.

Richard.

the system manager.

www.mimesweeper.com