ADSM-L

Re: ADSM 3.1.0.7 client on AIX 4.3

1999-10-07 09:05:12
Subject: Re: ADSM 3.1.0.7 client on AIX 4.3
From: Lisa Cabanas <CABANL AT MAIL.MODOT.STATE.MO DOT US>
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 1999 08:05:12 -0500
AMEN!!  I am new to the wonderful world of ADSM.. er-- Tivoli Storage Manager,
and navigating thru IBMs/Tivoli's websites is nightmarish.  I constantly try to
do a "HELP ANS **** (ANR ****) at the ADSM prompt, and invariably it tells me it
doesn't have any thing on its index.  I can't find out what the Remote Client
Agent service is.   The help file says that the Client Acceptor will come on
automatically when needed.... but actually, you need to install the service so
that it starts automatically at boot.  And I thought that Micro$oft  was bad at
documentation and wrote sloppy code ;-)

IBM, Tivoli-- if you are listening- please make error messages actually useful,
and please make your online help and documentation worth the space it takes up
on the hard drive!!!

Lisa Cabanas

Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU> on 10/07/99 06:46:39 AM